Saturday, January 5, 2008

Adult Leaders Troop Meeting

Today the adult leaders of the Chiang Kai Shek College held a meeting for an almost 3 hours period. It was all about planning, planning, and planning.

It is truly tiresome, specially yesterday night when I'm asking for my parents consent for allowing me to attend today's meeting. At first I was shot by the pellets released by the machine gun, but suddenly it was already a cannon ball that was shot on to me, but still till midnight SHE allowed me to go. (Note from the machine gun to the cannon ball time, it was about 3 hours. Be noted that I still have classes today.) Is this sacrifice really worthy? sometimes I doubt.

But still scouting has turned into a passion. At first it was only a way to escape physical education and music classes, then it turned into a class reunion, and now it is turning into a part of my routine, a hobby, a habit.

To sacrifice for scouting seemed to me worthy. Firstly, my friends (Hope they are forever true) are there. Second, I loved to see my members (they are the members which I handled before I graduated) grow. Third, it is a great escape from the house. And of course, I joined because I loved scouting because it is "Where men grows strong" (according to the Tondo scouting logo) and also I enjoyed my passion to lead, to teach to lead, to see the lead, and to view it's strength (It survived for already a hundred years).

My title seems not fitting the content, but to write on the content of the meeting per se is definitely not allowed to be posted. But of course when time comes it would be posted.

No comments: